WordPress Advanced Course
Learn Advanced Wordpress Techniques To Create A Totally Customised, Mobile Responsive, Search Engine Ready Website
Our Wordpress Advanced course will show you how to customise your website like a professional. If you studied our Beginners Wordpress Course, you will know by now that WordPress offers limitless opportunities; as a blogging platform as well as a tool to create great looking websites which you can customise using themes and plugins.
* Please see schedule below for any upcoming live training events.
Join us on our online WordPress courses which will provide you with the knowledge and tools required to create, market, manage and update any WordPress website. * Please see schedule below for upcoming live training events. Online study options also available.
Using WordPress as a CMS
- Switching off the blog and comments functionality
- Hiding pages from navigation
- Securing your site using SSL
- Auto Translate – have your site written in any language for free
Customising and Building Themes and Templates
- Converting HTML into WordPress format
- Theme frameworks
- Child Themes
- Customised login pages
- Improving Site Speed
- Landing Pages / Sales Pages
Installing useful Plug-Ins
- What are Plug-ins?
- The Top 10
- Using forms
- Integrating with a Mail provider
- Backup and restore – copy and repeat your site setup
WordPress and SEO
- Refining the standard settings in WordPress for SEO
- Permalinks and Sitemaps in more depth
- The best SEO plug-ins
- Setting up Google Analytics
- Google’s free tools: Analytics, AdWords, Webmaster Tools, Trends
- Keywords explained
WordPress and Social Media
- Integrating Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn into WordPress
- Social Plugins and in-built theme options
- Share and Like - auto-promote
- Integration with Flickr and other photo sites
WordPress and Payment Gateways
- E-commerce techniques
- E-commerce plug-in’s
- Setting up and configuring Woo-commerce
- Configuring payment gateways
- Taking automatic payments and digital delivery
- Not just for membership content
- Recommended Plug-in’s
- Managing payments and membership levels
- Content for members
- Forum options
Turning Your Skills Into A Business
- The power of a paid theme
- Scaling websites
- Copy current websites into your templates and resell
- Charge ongoing support
- Improving SEO – charging for YouTube, Facebook and Google Business
- Membership templates
- Run / Sell Events, Tickets, Courses or Holidays with Events Manager Plugin
About Your Instructor
Jason has been designing websites pretty much since the internet began. Starting in 1990, when there were no images on the internet and it was all done in Notepad. Jason soon joined a team which built the UK’s first ever intranet for BT. Once he had the bug, it was not long before he was assisting the Disney Store in creating their own intranet, followed by the Disney Store’s first online shop. Moving on to government agencies as an advisor, and to large corporations as a development director, he swiftly became a head-hunted web developer.
Not content with static or commerce-only sites, Jason undertook the real challenge of deploying industry software to the internet with platforms such as HR and Payroll systems, featuring complex functionality and security controls. He spent the next few years very much ‘head down’ until joining the team at the Internet Business School. Jason has built many start-up sites and projects, including membership sites and an internet marketing business, and now splits his time between the various businesses and working as an internet marketing trainer.
Who Is The Course For?
- Anyone wanting to create a free WordPress website
- Anyone wishing to gain advanced WordPress knowledge
- Anyone who maintains and updates WordPress websites
- Anyone wishing to make money out of creating and/or selling websites
- Please note the Advanced WordPress Course is NOT suitable for beginners
Live Training Dates:
LIVE EVENT DETAILS:
Course Duration: The course runs from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm approx on selected dates. Please make sure you arrive at the course venue no later than 08:45hrs, registration opens at 9 am.
Course Venue: Darling Buds Farm, Tuesnoad Lane (off Pluckley Road), Bethersden, Kent TN26 3EQ
Accommodation: is available onsite if required, you can call reservations on: 01233 226222 www.darlingbudsfarm.co.uk
Refreshments: Teas and coffees will be supplied during the course. However, please ensure you bring a packed lunch with you on the day as there are no shops within the vicinity of the farm.